Kseniya Simonova - sand art

     I have never really gotten along well with my computer.  It tolerates me and I grudgingly accept its power over my daily life.  That was until about five days ago when my computer got a virus.  Intentionally I believe.  I was working on something and noticed my computer was all sluggish and petulant.  I then noticed that my Nortons was completely off.  So it either didn't load when I turned on my computer (which is extremely rare) or the virus turned it off somehow.  So long story short everything on my computer was infected due to my computers bad attitude and so in retaliation I erased its brain.  I realized later that by formatting my hard drive I had lost a lot of things.  Thousands of songs, word documents, all my pictures and many of my SL videos.  The thought of starting over was exhausting to contemplate, so I instead lay around grumbling.
     The one positive element was that I was victorious over my computer.  I erased its brain so that must be considered winning I suppose.  I don't think it thought I would ever go to that extreme measure, but I did and it learned a valuable lesson which it has now forgotten because its brain is broken.  But it learned a valuable lesson for a very short time.  I am not sure what that lesson was but its something like don't be a jerk and get viruses.   I now have a fresh install and I am going to really make an effort to be friends with this new computer.  I have named it Gargamel.  One thing I did do a few years ago was to buy a external hard drive which I backed up most of my stuff on.  Unfortunately I kept telling it not to back stuff up.  Its name is Azriel.  So yes there is a Smurfs theme going on for my computer (I have a second hard drive named Papa Smurf).  Anyway, my whole point to this post was to say that everything will be delayed a bit.  I lost my top ten movies so need to redo them.  So what I will do is put up interesting things I like until I am ready to continue with my top ten favorite builds again.  This video below is the first.  It is what I believe to be a European talent show.  The vibrant girl in the video is working with sand, which is probably obvious.  It was so beautiful when I first saw her perform that I had tears in my eyes and I think I fell in love with her for a bit too.  Her name is Kseniya Simonova and is incredibly talented.  Her ability to conjure scenes and emotions with just a few quick loose movements of her hands is fascinating to watch.  She is so decisive and confident in her movements.  Not even a touch of nervousness.

Comments

Trimmer said…
Sorry to hear about your computer catastrophe - bad machine. When I first saw this performance with sand I was absolutely blown away, it's breathtaking and Kseniya Simonova is a virtuoso extraordinaire.
Marie Ravencrow said…
That is absolutely amazing, thank you so much for sharing it.

Marie
Anonymous said…
Only problem is that your computer doesnt give a fuck that u erased it's brain, so who won that one?

cheers,
Ballyhoo
Bryn Oh said…
Yes she is truly brilliant. And Igor my computer just pretends not to care that I erased its brain. But deep down inside I know it respects me more.
Dil Spitz said…
Ohoh, this victories can hurt so much, i feel with you!

Wow, she is so good and creates so marvelous animations. i love her pictures expression :)


due the youtube-version is for any stupid UMG-right-restrictions isn't available here a version visible in germany too
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/6874412/Kseniya_Simonova_Sand_Animation_Ukraine_Got_Talent_Teil_1
Anonymous said…
I know what a pain having the hard drive erased can be. Been there many times (accidently and as a 'cure' because maliciousware had taken over and made my computer a zombie). Things come and go in life, art is temporary, life itself temporary. I really like sand artists because of the temporary beauty of it all. The Buddhist mandala is even a religious ceremony to demonstrate the impermenance of life. I move forward, never clinging to the past...good luck, love what you do in SL...

Popular Posts