#7 "Fuzion" by four Yip and Mescaline Tammas

 

As I struggled through the invisible molasses clogging up Burning Life, I pushed into a dark set of rooms created by the wonderful four Yip and Mescaline Tammas.  It was a little oasis of chocolate tears.  I turned on the media while looking at a tree and two eyes appeared on both sides creating the impression of a face.   The eyes blinked and my new favorite song began to play.  There were a number of reasons why this one worked well for me.  One was the oasis feel in entering this little universe from within the hectic atmosphere of Burning Life.  Great works can be destroyed or enhanced by the environment they are placed in.  Brooklyn is Watching sim was an example of a difficult place to set up artwork due to their neon green colouring.  If your creation relies on subtle red or greens then its borked as you place it.  Fusion avoided this by creating the contrasting mood and then internalizing it for the viewer.  The music was perfectly chosen and this may relate only to me, but that song has since become one of my favorites.  The song was not added by me but was part of the music contained within the machinima.  The walls had media textures on them to show a very graceful movie of slowly blinking eyes.   The colour palette is warm and comforting while the build inside of butterflies and trees with dripping chocolate tears is a pleasure to look at as well.  Its a time consuming complex build that is made to appear simple.  four has always been one of my favorite builders in Second Life for her ability to create endearing works that have never looked forced.  She creates effortlessly where other artists set out to create masterworks and fail.  Mescaline Tammas is well known for his wonderful machinima.  He did a great one of Blotto Epsilon/ Cutea Benelli's work from last years top ten Bogon Flux and here is one I just found of "Fushion"  Two great talents.

Comments

Cole Marie said…
YAY! I was so happy they decided to build at burning life after all. I got fedup at build and felt like my space was going to waste so I am glad they could make use of it. Yip is always one of my most favorite people/artists around, and her stuff is always fun and magical. And Mescaline rocks the machinima like no one's business XD

Nice one <.<

*totally biased and proud of it*
Bryn Oh said…
seriously hxr wtf? does lame promo like that really work?
iono Allen said…
I'm so happy to see this great build again, and listen to this amazing song which will turn in my mind for hours, fitting so well these images.
Certainly one of my best memory of BL2009.
Ayisha Apfelbaum said…
lol, when I saw your avatar coming up, I started clicking the video to walk in to get closer, forgot this is a blog, silly me... A wonderful blog, I keep coming back.
Anonymous said…
I had been so content many people chosen to Cheap Diablo 3 items build with burning up existence of course. ID3 Gold managed to get fedup from build and also felt like my own space would waste so I are delighted
D3 ITEms they might use it. Yip is often one of our favs people/artists all around, and also the girl things is usually enjoyment and also mysterious. As well as Mescaline dirt the particular
Cheap Guild Wars 2 Gold machinima similar to anybody's business XD

Popular Posts